This morning I made myself a tropical omelette for breakfast.
I have this habit of wanting to try out different stuff all the time and this morning I decided to try out a new recipe (invented while cooking of course).
The result was absolutely delicious…
- Fry 1/2 red onion chopped in tiny pieces in olive oil in a hot pan
- Add 150-200 grams of pre-cooked chicken (left-overs from last nights dinner is perfect)
- 3 eggs, stirr while cooking to get them scrambled
- Then add Spices; Salt, Pepper, herb mix (garlic, chili pepper, parsley)
- and 2 table spoons of Santa Maria Tropical Salsa with chunks of mango, pineapple and papaya.
- 50 grams of Arla Tolko Chives cheese to melt in the omelette.
Top with Parmesan cheese.
OK, I do admit that sometimes i have strange desiers to mix and blend stuff that normal people might not do, but at the same time this one turned out fantastic. I really really liked it. It was a lovely sensation of tropical tastes as well as the regular chicken and egg taste. It was lovely with the cheeses on top.
PS: In the nordics Arla Foods is the producer of this cheese. Local variants of this cheese is possible to find in any of the countries Arla distributes to.
The complete list is published on Arlas webpage.
If you cannot find this cheese, I am certain there are lots of other variants that will also taste delicious in this dish!