The Waldorf salad is one of the most classical ingredients to a Norwegian buffet table, however it tastes delicious with any white meat like Turkey, Chicken and Pork.
The Waldorf Salad origins from the legendary Hotel Waldorf Astoria in New York.
- 3 Apples (peel and remove the core)
- 3 Stick Celery
- 1/2 Pineapple (fresh or canned – I use fresh)
- 50 grams of Walnuts (buy a 75 gram bag as you need some for decorations as well)
- 1 ½ dl Mayonnaise
- 3 dl whipping Cream
- ½ Lemon
- 200 grams Red or Blue Grapes
How to do:
- Cut the Apples, the Stick Celery and the Pineapple in pieces.
- Whip the cream and mix the whipped cream with the mayonnaise.
- Mix the Apples, the Stick Celery, the Pineapple and Walnuts with the cream mix.
Add a little bit of Lemon juice for taste.
Decorate with walnuts and Blue / Red Grapes.