Original recipe makes 15 servings
- 4 packages (20 ounce – 550 grams in total) frozen or canned corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Bacon grease
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add corn; heat through.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook, stirring occasionally until corn is very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add cream and sugar; simmer, uncovered, until cream has thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve hot..Optional
- Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.