Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 – 8 rolls
Serving Size: 1 – 2 rolls
- 1 sushi rolling mat
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 teaspoon organic rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 nori (seaweed) sheets
- 1 ripe mango, cut into thin slices
- 4 – 5 romain leaves
- 3 green onions, greens removed, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- Gluten-free soy sauce & wasabi paste for dipping
- First prepare you quinoa. Add 3 cups water and 1 1/2 cups dry quinoa into a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down to simmer for 8 – 10 minutes. When the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is nice an fluffy, add the rice vinegar, ginger and salt. Toss well to combine. Let the quinoa cool completely in the fridge while you prepare your filling ingredients.
- To assemble the rolls, lay the sushi rolling mat flat on a table or cutting board. Place one sheet of nori on the mat, shiny side down. Scoop about 1/4 cup of the quinoa onto the nori and with wet hands, spread it out into a thin layer over the nori, leaving about a 1 inch band uncovered along the edge farthest from you.
- Lay the romaine leaves down first, then top with avocado, mango, carrots, and scallions. Lift the edge of the mat that is closest to you with your thumbs, holding the filling ingredients in place with your middle fingers. Roll the mat over the ingredients, pulling back and tightening it after each rollover. Wet the uncovered edge and roll through. Gently squeeze the rolled mat around the nori roll and remove from the mat.
- Slice with a sharp wet knife and serve with gluten-free soy sauce and wasabi paste.