Tag Archives: Coconut Oil
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 8 mins
Total time: 18 mins
This chunky Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough is a great all-natural and low sugar treat for kids. Eat raw or bake into biscuits. Coconut sugar and vegan chocolate can be subbed by using dark brown sugar and regular dark choc chips. Gluten-free Dairy-free and Vegan.
For the Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough:
- ¼ cup all-natural 100% peanut butter, I used Sanitarium
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup organic low fat coconut cream, (plus extra)
- 3 tbsp (extra) virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup quinoa flakes
- 25g dark chocolate, chopped finely
To make the Quinoa, Coconut and Salted Peanut Butter Cookie Dough:
- In a large bowl mix together wet ingredients: peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut cream and coconut oil.
- Add sea salt flakes and coconut sugar and mix to combine.
- Now add dry ingredients: coconut flour, quinoa flakes and chopped chocolate.
- Mix all together to form a dough. Add a little coconut cream if the mixture is too dry to form into balls.
- Scoop ⅛ cup of dough and split that in half. Form balls and place on a serving plate.Serve with a glass of (your choice of) milk.
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced, 400F, gas mark 6)
- Flatten previously prepared dough balls slightly and place on a baking paper lined tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes or until the cookies are starting to turn golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- Store Cookie Dough and Biscuits separately in an airtight container in the pantry
Recipe found at Martyna | Wholesome Cook