Here is a cute tip to make small and big kids enjoy a healthy snack for christmas and advent.
What do you need?
1 lb large strawberries
1 pkg (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
3-4 Tbsp powdered sugar (or sugar substitute – to taste)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Rinse the strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top, (enough for a hat).
Clean out the whole strawberry with a paring knife, if necessary (some of them are hollow already. Prep all of the strawberries and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill the strawberries with cheesecake mixture.
Once strawberries are filled, top with the ‘hats.’ Decorate according to photo.
If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.
Yesterday I baked cupcakes for the summerparty with my colleagues. The funnest part was of course to decorate them.
- 2 eggs, 1 cup of granulated sugar – whip until creamy and light yellow
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of fruit (I used one cup apple jam and 2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ts vanilla sugar
- 1 ts baking powder
- 1 ts salt
Spread in cupcake forms and bake at 200C for about 15 minutes (or until you can stick a knitting pin (or fork or match) into the cake and nothing sticks to the knitting pin).
- 200 grams melted chocolate
- 200 grams whipped room-tempered butter (not melted)
- 3 dl powder sugar (Icing Sugar)
- Strawberry extract (instead of the mocca extract used in the linked recipy with the pictured description of how to do).
Decorate with decorating set and sprinkle sugars or decorating flowers or other on.