Total Time:1 hr 40 min
Prep: 30 min
Inactive: 1 hr 0 min
Cook: 10 min
- Bananas / Kiwis / Strawberries / Pineapple etc. peeled and split into proper bites.
Example: split banana in 4 / Cut Kiwi in 1,5 cm thick slices / Pineapple 1.5 cm thick slices
- Wooden popsicle sticks
- Waxed Paper / baking paper
- 32 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Line a sheet pan with waxed paper /Baking paper.
Cut the fruit in suitably sized pieces and insert a popsicle stick into the fruit, pushing the stick halfway in.
Place the fruit on the baking paper or waxed paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
Dipping decorations: granola, chopped nuts, sprinkles, jimmies, crushed cookies, and toasted coconut
Arrange the dipping decorations on several flat plates. Working with 1 banana at a time, dip it in the chocolate and turn to completely coat (spoon some on, if needed). Roll the dipped Dipping decorations: granola, chopped nuts, sprinkles, jimmies, crushed cookies, and toasted coconutbanana in the desired decorations, transfer to the sheet pan, and return to the freezer if not to be eaten right away.
Once frozen, store the bananas in an airtight container.
Serving suggestion: To serve at a kid’s party, paint a hunk of styrofoam and stick the banana handles in the top, so they stand upright.
These are so colorful and festive looking it makes you feel like it’s a party when you look at an assortment of them. And they couldn’t be easier to make, even your kids could do it. You can use white chocolate too, for a more wintry or icy look.
The Waldorf salad is one of the most classical ingredients to a Norwegian buffet table, however it tastes delicious with any white meat like Turkey, Chicken and Pork.
The Waldorf Salad origins from the legendary Hotel Waldorf Astoria in New York.
- 3 Apples (peel and remove the core)
- 3 Stick Celery
- 1/2 Pineapple (fresh or canned – I use fresh)
- 50 grams of Walnuts (buy a 75 gram bag as you need some for decorations as well)
- 1 ½ dl Mayonnaise
- 3 dl whipping Cream
- ½ Lemon
- 200 grams Red or Blue Grapes
How to do:
- Cut the Apples, the Stick Celery and the Pineapple in pieces.
- Whip the cream and mix the whipped cream with the mayonnaise.
- Mix the Apples, the Stick Celery, the Pineapple and Walnuts with the cream mix.
Add a little bit of Lemon juice for taste.
Decorate with walnuts and Blue / Red Grapes.