For 6-8 people
• 4 egg whites (or the equivalent of egg replacement powder)
• 2 ½ dl sugar
• 1 pinch of salt
• 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon maisenna
• shredded peel of 1 lemon
• ½ l (5 dl) whipping cream (You can also use icecream)
• 2 huge mango
• 2-3 passion fruits
1. Preheat the oven to 125°C (257F). Legg et bake. Put a baking paper on a baking pan and draw a circle of 20 cm in diameter.
2. Whip eggwhites and half the sugar, salt, vinegar and maisena to meringue. Carefully fold the rest of the sugar and the lemon peel into the mix.
3. Apply the meringue to the baking paper.
4. Cook for 1,5 hour in the lower part of the oven. Cool completely.
5. Whip the whipping cream. Cut the mango in small pieces. Cut passion fruit in two.
6. Apply the cream over the meringue, apply the mango and squeeze the passion fruit on top. Serve immediately.
This PassionFruit Mousse is real easy and very TASTY !
It originates from Brazil and it was handed to me from my Step mother.
3-4 Table spoons of Passion Fruit Puree
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 can of Whipping Cream
Whip until fluffy and light (about 4-5 minutes) and set to cool until serving (same day)