Total Time:1 hr 40 min
Prep: 30 min
Inactive: 1 hr 0 min
Cook: 10 min
- Bananas / Kiwis / Strawberries / Pineapple etc. peeled and split into proper bites.
Example: split banana in 4 / Cut Kiwi in 1,5 cm thick slices / Pineapple 1.5 cm thick slices
- Wooden popsicle sticks
- Waxed Paper / baking paper
- 32 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped or chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Line a sheet pan with waxed paper /Baking paper.
Cut the fruit in suitably sized pieces and insert a popsicle stick into the fruit, pushing the stick halfway in.
Place the fruit on the baking paper or waxed paper. Freeze for 1 hour.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
Dipping decorations: granola, chopped nuts, sprinkles, jimmies, crushed cookies, and toasted coconut
Arrange the dipping decorations on several flat plates. Working with 1 banana at a time, dip it in the chocolate and turn to completely coat (spoon some on, if needed). Roll the dipped Dipping decorations: granola, chopped nuts, sprinkles, jimmies, crushed cookies, and toasted coconutbanana in the desired decorations, transfer to the sheet pan, and return to the freezer if not to be eaten right away.
Once frozen, store the bananas in an airtight container.
Serving suggestion: To serve at a kid’s party, paint a hunk of styrofoam and stick the banana handles in the top, so they stand upright.
These are so colorful and festive looking it makes you feel like it’s a party when you look at an assortment of them. And they couldn’t be easier to make, even your kids could do it. You can use white chocolate too, for a more wintry or icy look.
Looking for a refreshing and healthy treat, gluten free, that doesn’t involve baking? Try a watermelon cake.
Slicing the watermelon into the shape of a cake creates the base, and the whipped coconut cream creates the frosting.
Use Nuts or Toasted coconut and fresh fruit to add a beautiful and delicious decoration.
You can use edible flowers for the top. You can use a thick yoghurt or whipped cream instead of coconut milk if you use dairy products (it must be VERY thick or it will not adhere well to the watermelon). This cake is best when served within a few hours of assembly.
– 1 large watermelon, seedless preferable
– 2 cans full fat coconut milk (left in fridge for 6 hours or more)
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 Tbsp. raw honey
– 1 cup sliced raw almonds or shredded coconut
– Seasonal fresh fruit (for topping)
– Cutting board
– Kitchen knife
– Measuring spoons
– Measuring cups
– 2 medium mixing bowls
– Hand Mixer
– Paper Towels
– Can opener
– Medium sized skillet
– Stirring spoon
TO MAKE THE COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM:
1. Place can of coconut milk in refrigerator for at least 6 hours (or overnight). Cream will then separate from milk. The cream will be at the top of the can.
2. Open can of coconut milk and scrape out cream into a medium sized bowl. Hint: Open can from bottom and pour milk into a separate container before scraping out cream. Use the saved milk for smoothies and other recipes.
3. Add vanilla and raw honey to mixture. Whip cream with a hand mixer on medium speed; work your way up to high speed until cream is fluffy. Place bowl of whipped cream in fridge until ready to use.
TO MAKE THE TOASTED ALMONDS OR COCONUT:
1. Place a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat and allow pan to get hot.
2. Add sliced almonds or shredded coconut and toss in pan until toasted and a light brown color. Remove from pan and set aside to cool.
1. Remove top/bottom from watermelon; remove rind from middle section. You should be left with a cake-shaped piece of watermelon. Slice watermelon “cake” into number of wedges/slices you want, e.g., 6-8 slices depending on size of watermelon. Slicing ahead of time makes it much easier to dip edges into icing and anything else you want to adhere to icing, such as almonds or toasted coconut.
2. Pat outside of watermelon dry with paper towels; this helps coconut whipped cream adhere better.
3. Dip outside edge of each slice into coconut whipped cream and then into the toasted almonds or coconut. Reassemble wedges into cake shape on a serving platter. Top with more whipped coconut cream and fresh fruit, e.g., blackberries, strawberries and kiwi. Serve or store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Difficulty: Easy | Total Time: 10 mins | Makes: About 6 (8-ounce) drinks
1 1/2 pounds frozen strawberries
8 ounces silver (blanco), 100 percent agave tequila
6 ounces Simple Syrup
4 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 8 medium limes)
2 ounces triple sec orange liqueur, preferably Luxardo Triplum or Cointreau
1/8 teaspoon fine salt
3 cups ice
Place all of the ingredients except the ice in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the ice, pushing it to the bottom of the pitcher, and blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately.
Look at these gorgeous Strawberry Tuxedos
STRAWBERRY TUXEDO RECIPE
- 15 strawberries
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- Chop chocolates and place in separate bowls.
- Place these bowls over a pot of barely simmering water and let stand until melted.
- Stir until smooth, set aside and let cool for a few minutes.
- Dip strawberries in white chocolate and place on a baking sheet. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Dip sides of the strawberries in bitter chocolate. Back to the refrigerator for 10 more minutes.
- Dip a thin paint brush in bitter chocolate and draw the bow tie and buttons.
Here is a cute tip to make small and big kids enjoy a healthy snack for christmas and advent.
What do you need?
1 lb large strawberries
1 pkg (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
3-4 Tbsp powdered sugar (or sugar substitute – to taste)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Rinse the strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry. Remove the top, (enough for a hat).
Clean out the whole strawberry with a paring knife, if necessary (some of them are hollow already. Prep all of the strawberries and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag or Ziploc with the corner snipped off. Fill the strawberries with cheesecake mixture.
Once strawberries are filled, top with the ‘hats.’ Decorate according to photo.
If not serving immediately, refrigerate until serving.
My favourite Juice is made of Strawberries and WaterMelon.
It has a beautiful color and the 2 fruits really compliments each other in taste.
For 2 Gallons (about 7.5 litres) of Juice I use 1 small watermelon and 1 kg strawberries.
Clean the watermelon from its seeds and clean the strawberries.
Mix in a blender.
Add 3-4 dl of Sugar (helps the taste as well as the durability) and fill the container with water until full. Shake well and serve cold!
Enjoy your Strawberry Watermelon Juice :D It’s Yummylicious !!
Today I made one of my favourite cakes for a party I was invited to. The best thing about it though is that it is really easy to bake and it just takes a little less than 1 hour to make.
This Recipe is also glutenfree for celiacs.
Here is the recipe for you guys to enjoy.
Maybe a great idea for weekends snack?
Ingredients: (PS: European measurements)
300 grams of sugar
200 grams of ground almonds
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Separate the yolk from the whites and whip the egg whites until you can turn the bowl upside down and the eggs don’t fall out.
Add 300 gr. of sugar and whip until well blended.
Mix ground almonds, vanilla sugar and baking powder carefully with the egg and sugar.
Cover a large square pan (30×40 cm) with greaseproof paper. Butter the greaseproof paper and spread the dough on the paper.
Cook for 35-40 minutes @ 160 Celsius.
Chocolate Cream (Ingredients):
6 egg yolks
150 grams of sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
6 tablespoons of coffee
100 grams of milk chocolate
Slowly heat until thickens, stir until done to avoid burning.
Cool chocolate cream somewhat and add 160 grams of butter fit for baking.
Cool cream in refrigerator until cool.
Cake should soon be done and when it is, remove from oven.
Remove paper (and cake – the cake is supposed to be somewhat flat) from pan and let cool on a grid / rack.
Cut cake in 2 and put 1 part on a nice serving platter.
Fill with Chocolate Cream.
Add 1 layer of banana slices.
Put the second part of the cake on top.
Cover with whipped vanilla cream (About 3 dl).
Decorate with sliced Kiwi, Strawberries and blueberries.
Serve same day (possibly next day – but this cake is really, really good and it’s not likely you will have lots of leftovers)