Original recipe makes 15 servings
- 4 packages (20 ounce – 550 grams in total) frozen or canned corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Bacon grease
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Add corn; heat through.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover, and cook, stirring occasionally until corn is very tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Add cream and sugar; simmer, uncovered, until cream has thickened, 4 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted. Serve hot..Optional
- Broil 5 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly.
I have never been a huge fan of neither salads or soups before. When I was a child I disliked them so much that I even bet with my mom that the cauliflower soup tasted so bad that even the cat wouldn’t want it. She was provoked by my behavior certain the cat wouldn’t want the soup so she allowed the cat to drink from the soup, where I triumphantly exclaimed; HA! Now I can’t eat from it, as I can’t eat from the same food that the cat ate from. Needless to say I was sent from the table without more food that night.
Salads were even worse. That was rabbit food. I can still hear my fathers words over the dinner table. No way I’m gonna eat that. That’s food for rabbits! – Poor mom. How was she to convince two kids to learn to like salads when their father was so opposed to it.
However, lately I have started getting a taste for both of them and I have discovered it has ALL to do with the ingredients of the salads. I have certain salads I still don’t fancy at all, but when I make them with the ingredients I do like. They turn out delicious!
My fav. salads are the Feld Salad (french) and the Radicchio Rosso Salad (Italian)
– Use 100 grams of each (or 50 grams of each if you prefer to have less green leaves :D)
1 BIG or several small Red Beets
1 can of Chick Peas
1 Salad Onion or regular Onion cut in small pieces or thin slices to your liking
1 Red Sweet Pepper (Paprika) cut in 2 x1 cm long pieces
1/2 Cucumber cut in cubes
50 grams of Sweat Peas cut in 4 parts each
2 -3 tomatoes cut in cubes
1 can of Corn including the juice from the can
If you are a vegetarian this is it and if you enjoy some good meat you can add
2 – 300 grams of precooked and pre cut chicken .
Blend well and top with
50 grams Nuts / Seeds
Heinz Curry Mango Sauce
Lemon Juice from one lemon
This is a really great salad and feeds 5-6 people if this is your main course and 10-12 if used as an appetizer.